Every Tuesday at school is Water Day for Beau. You bring a swim suit and towel and the kiddos get to play in sprinklers, the water slide, and a kiddie pool for half the day. (Provided of course, the heat index doesn't get past 101 degrees...which has happened WAY TOO OFTEN this summer.)
We've been instructed to bring the suit and towel in a plastic bag for storage afterwards. After a few days of using an old Target bag, I thought, "Surely, we can do something cuter than this." Then, I thought about Rebecca again. (Didn't think you'd be mentioned in this blog post twice, now did you?) A little while back she made these precious zippered bags...with waterproof lining! How perfect?!
But, Rebecca's were monogrammed. I don't have a machine to do that. But I couldn't possibly send Beau to school with a plain bag, right? Then I figured, this is going to be my first attempt at a zipper, might as well be my first attempt at applique! So, armed with a few fat squares of fabric, some vinyl, a couple zippers and a package of heat n bond, I gave it my best shot...
| Pardon the wrinkled fabric...you can't exactly iron vinyl... |
| Nice and water proof. Perfect for wet swimsuits! |
Not too shabby...
And I had so much fun with the bags I made one for Marc and Henry!


No comments:
Post a Comment