Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Music to My Ears

Beau has always been a talker...even if only Billy and I can understand what he is saying!  And, like most kids his first word was, "dada."  Dada was quickly followed by Paw Paw.  Then Maw Maw.  And in no particular order, Nan, Bone, Dee Dee, Izzy, Rob, Marc, and Charlie.  Hmmmm...notice anyone missing from this list?  Yea, mommy.  Gee, thanks, Beau. 

Sure, there were occasions when he would say, Maaaaa maaaaa, in a sad pitiful voice. But usually this was saved for times when he was really really tired or sick.  While it made me feel good to know he trusted me in these vunerable times, it sure would be nice if he called out my name when it was playtime. 

But recently he has had a change of heart.  Ahhhhh...it appears that he has a new favorite word.  A word that he screams out when he comes home from school...a word he calls out as soon as he wakes up...a name that he whispers while he sits in my lap watching Toy Story.  Beau's new favorite word???

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ooooh, I LOVE it! Love. It. So smart. And yes, I got the pun :) thanks for your confidence in me to recognize all things that may be perceived as cheesy. I mean, clever :)